Skip to main content

Special Educational Needs and Disability

Local Offer

This section provides information on the services available for disabled children and their families living in Plymouth. This is called the Local Offer.

Request an Education, Health and Care Needs Assessment for your child

If you think your child has special education needs (SEN), you should talk to your child’s early education setting, school, college or other provider. View the education, health and care page »

Travelling to school or college

We will, in some circumstances, provide transport for children to their school or college. View the travelling to school page »

Short breaks

A short break gives disabled children or young people opportunities to have fun doing things they enjoy. View the short breaks for disabled children page » 

When things go wrong

We have commissioned Global Mediation, an independent mediation service, to help resolve disagreements regarding Education, Health and Care plans.

Further information

Back to top