Toggle menu

Supporting yourself


We have a duty to ensure that you live in suitable accommodation between the ages of 18 to 21. Your local district and borough hold the overall responsibility to provide housing to care leavers. Your personal adviser (PA) will support you in speaking to your local housing department to understand your options around independent housing.


We will help you to reach your goals and fulfil your potential by helping you to access higher and further education and work opportunities. Part of your Pathway Plan is all about what you want to do in the future and whether you want to go to college, university or complete an apprenticeship.


Your personal adviser (PA) will be able to help with finding a job if needed. You will talk about employment and write your goals into your pathway plan. If you're not sure what you want to do, then the National Careers Service website is a good place to start.

Financial support and entitlements

Supporting yourself at any age can be hard but knowing what you are entitled to can take some of the pressure off. There are a lot of different ways we are able to support you and point you in the right direction to find the help or advice you might need. The Local Offer here tells you what you can expect to receive and you can also speak to your personal adviser (PA).

Health and wellbeing

There are lots of services available which offer advice and support. Below are just a few that you may find useful, but if you are looking for other support, please speak to your personal adviser who might also be able to signpost you to a service who can help.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email