Community Outreach Team - Plymouth City Council
The Outreach Team support people to maintain and promote independence, manage change and crisis within their lives through the provision of skilled, staff intervention. We also assist with signposting, liaison and help people access social opportunities and universal services for up to 12 weeks.
The Outreach Team are multi-skilled and work with all groups of people that may be referred to the team including those with learning and or physical disabilities, mental health and other associated disorders, long term health conditions, autism spectrum conditions, acquired brain injury, sensory impairments and substance misuse.
Referrals to the team can only be made by Livewell social work teams.
Staff employ a variety of outreach methods appropriate to the needs and requirements of the individuals to ensure that outreaching into the local community is maximised and personal independence is promoted.
The service can support with:
- Assisting Livewell Southwest with the review care packages
- Crisis Intervention
- Supporting transitions
- Supporting social workers to gain a better understanding of a person's needs.
- Using assistive technology to better understand a person's needs whilst at home.
- Support associated with provider breakdown/closure by offering practical assistance to individuals as part of an immediate response to make sure people are safe
- Support to complete applications with an individual such as Devon Home Choice PIP applications and Grants. Provide social workers with recommendations relating to the outcomes identified within the referral.
- Support people at risk of self-neglect, aiming to prevent increased stay within hospital environment.
- Reduce the need for on-going adult social care input by working through specific routines and strategies for maintaining a safe home environment
- Support individuals with urgent housing needs (presenting as being homeless) and support individuals into alternative temporary accommodation as part of an emergency response
- Provide an Appropriate Adult at Charles Cross Police station in response to individuals who are deemed to be suffering from mental ill health or other mental vulnerability (e.g. learning disability) that need support when in an police interview.
- Obtain food parcels for individuals identified as being in financial crisis
- Support to prepare an individual's home for hospital discharge.
Community Outreach Team can only work with people that are being supported by Livewell Adult Social Care teams as they need to make a referral to access our services.
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Brain injuries
- Cerebral palsy
- Communication impairments
- Domiciliary care
- Down's syndrome
- Drugs and alcohol
- Eating disorders
- Hearing impairments
- Heart conditions
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health
- Mobility issues
- Multiple Sclerosis (MS)
- Physical disabilities
- Sexual health
- Visual impairments
Back to search