Dementia Day Care - Age UK Plymouth
Age UK Plymouth's Dementia Centre offers a range of specialist services for people over 50 who have dementia, plus respite and support for their carers.
Age UK Plymouth services are currently operational but with some restrictions due to the Coronavirus.
Our fully trained staff are experienced in the needs of people with cognitive impairment (such as dementia).
We offer a wide range of enjoyable activities which give people a real sense of achievement. Our experienced Care Team will support group members with arts and crafts, painting, flower arranging, music appreciation, singing and other activities of their choice. There are also opportunities for trips, lunches, picnics etc. Our regular group work sessions offer the opportunity to share valuable memories together.
All of our activities are designed to maintain the person's existing skills and abilities, building and promoting independence.
- Operates 5 days a week and offers an enjoyable day in a friendly and comfortable atmosphere
- Offers flexible day care hours to suit individual needs
- Offers day respite for the carer
- FREE introduction sessions
- Reminiscence group sessions to share valuable memories
- Social interaction with other client groups
- To help support carers, support group meetings are held at the William Venton Centre in Plymstock each month where people can meet others in the same situation in a friendly and informal environment.
- Plymouth Dementia Action Alliance
Age UK Plymouth's Dementia Centre is located on the lower ground floor of the William and Patricia Venton Centre, Mount Gould.
The venue has wheelchair access and a lift to all floors. The centre is a safe and friendly environment with a delightful garden area where people can enjoy being outside.
Clients can integrate with residents and day guests in the communal dining room and join in with activities and special events held at the centre.
Find out more
- Monday to Friday, 9am to 4pm
- Respite care
Back to search