Toggle menu

Council tax discounts for disabled people

Council Tax Disability Panel

If someone living at your address is permanently disabled, you might be able to get a discount on your council tax.

One of the following must apply:

  • a room in your home that is mainly used by the disabled person, such as a room for treatments, therapy and dialysis
  • an extra bathroom or kitchen used to meet the needs of the disabled person
  • sufficient floor space for the disabled person to use a wheelchair, but only if the disabled person must use a wheelchair within the property

Apply for a Council Tax reduction for disability


You might also like 



Continue reading


Is the information correct?

Let us know if the information on this page needs updating.

Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory?  Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email