Toggle menu

Out of hours social and health care contact details

In a medical emergency 

If you need urgent medical help please call 999 or 111 if not a life-threatening

Plymouth City Council 

Call the Contact Centre on 01752 668000.

We're open Monday to Friday from 9am to 5pm.

If you need to contact the Council outside of these hours please call 01752 668000 and you will be transferred to an automated phone system which will guide you to the correct department. 

If you have a social care related emergency outside of normal working hours please call the Plymouth Out of Hours Service on 01752 346984.  

Office hours for the Plymouth Out of Hours Service

  • Monday to Thursday 5pm to 9am
  • Friday 4pm through to 9am on Monday morning
  • 365 days per year, including all Bank Holidays

 The Plymouth Out of Hours Service is an emergency social work team here to support you with personal, family or accommodation problems which reach a crisis at night, weekends or bank holidays and cannot safely wait until the next working day. We work closely with colleagues from the police and the health service and can provide expert advice and intervention if you are worried about any of the following issues: 

  • Children and young people, including relationship issues or concerns about physical, sexual and emotional abuse and neglect.
  • Children and adults with a disability
  • Children and adults with acute mental health problems
  • Older people at risk of harm
  • Emergency housing advice 

Livewell South West 

The main switchboard number is 01752 268011 and the normal office hours are

  • Monday to Friday 9am to 5pm 

If you need to contact Livewell outside of these hours please call 01752 268011. 

Contact details for our partners and utility companies

  • Police - 999 in an emergency otherwise 101
  • Devon and Somerset Fire and Rescue Service - 999
  • Southwest Water - 0844 346 2020
  • Gas - 0800 111999
  • Electrical - 0800 365 900
  • Plymouth Community Homes repairs - 0808 230 6500 or 01752 237990 

All phone calls might be recorded in case they are required for training or ongoing support.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email