Disabled Persons Railcard
With a Disabled Persons Railcard you can get 1/3 off rail fares to travel across Britain.
If you're travelling with another adult they will also get 1/3 off their rail fare, so you can save money for a friend or family member too!
There are no time restrictions on the Disabled Persons Railcard, so you can use it to get a discount on tickets at any time of the day.
How to apply
To apply for a Disabled Persons Railcard follow these simple steps:
- Check that you are eligible
- Apply online - make sure you have a scan or photo of your evidence of eligibility that you can upload with your application and your card payment details.
Allow 5 working days* for your Railcard to be delivered
Allow 10 working days* for your Railcard to be delivered
Please note, Disabled Persons Railcards are not available to buy at the station.
Are you eligible?
The Disabled Persons Railcard is for people with a disability that makes travelling by train difficult.
You will qualify if you:
- receive Personal Independence Payments (PIP)
- receive Disability Living Allowance (DLA) at either:
- the higher or lower rate for the mobility component, or
- the higher or middle rate for the care component
- have a visual impairment
- have a hearing impairment
- have epilepsy
- receive Attendance Allowance or Severe Disablement Allowance
- receive War Pensioner's Mobility Supplement
- receive War or Service Disablement Pension for 80% or more disability
- buy or lease a vehicle through the Motability scheme
If you believe you might be eligible but do not meet one of the above requirements, you may contact us to discuss your individual circumstances.
If you do not qualify for a Disabled Persons Railcard, you may qualify for one of our other Railcards: