Young Parents Accommodation and Outreach Support Service
A short term supported housing project for pregnant young women and young mothers aged 16-25 where they can live with their baby and receive support to live independently.
There is also 'move on' accommodation available for young parents and fathers who wish to live with their child in a supported environment.
Staddon Terrace Lane
- We offer support in a safe living space
- It is for vulnerable young parents, either as a couple or to the parent with parental responsibility
- Visiting support for young parents living in the community
- Pre-tenancy support
The aim of our service is:
- Providing skills, knowledge and opportunities to live independently
- Supporting you to stay in education, training or work
- Helping young families to live together successfully in their community
Based in Plymouth city centre near the train station, the accommodation is on two floors. Each floor has shared living rooms, kitchens, bathrooms and you will have your own individual bedroom to share with your baby.
- The accommodation-based service will work with people no longer than 9-12 months
- The outreach service will aim to work with people for no longer than 3-6 months
Our activities programme includes:
- To be independent but not isolated
- Look after your own health needs and well being as well as your children's
- Improve budgeting skills and gain confidence to deal with benefit claims
- To manage your own paperwork and talk with professionals
- Maintain good neighbourly relationships
- Successfully attend college and apply for employment
- Voluntary work experience and meaningful occupation
- To successfully find independent move-on accommodation
- An accredited Positive Parenting Programme
- A weekly crèche for the babies
- Health visitor drop-in service
For more information on how to apply or for an informal discussion, please contact us by telephone , email or on our Westward Housing website
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
- 17 to 25 years old
Back to search