Plymouth PSSP Cycle Training
The Plymouth School Sports Partnership work with their consortium partners, Excel at Cycling Ltd and The Cycling Partnership, to deliver Bikeability in Plymouth and Devon (excluding Torbay).
We also offer Bikeability Balance for children in Reception, Year 1 & 2 and Learn to Ride courses to children aged 7 and above.
For adults, we offer 1:1 and small group sessions aimed at improving your confidence on the road. Using the principles of Bikeability, adult sessions are designed to give the rider all of the tools enabling them to cycle to work or a place of study.
Level 1: Ages 7-9 (Year 3 & 4)
- Level 1 is for children who are able to ride a bike without stabilisers
- At Level 1, new riders learn to control and master their bikes in a space away from traffic such as a playground or closed car park
Level 2: Age 9 to 11 (Year 5 and above)
- Level 2 takes place on local streets, giving trainees a real cycling experience
- Trainees learn how to deal with traffic on short journeys such as cycling to school or the local shops.
Level 3: Age 11+ (Year 7 and above)
- Level 3 equips trainees with skills for more challenging roads and traffic situations.
- Ages 4 - 6
- Bikeability Balance is a fun activity that helps children learn how to cycle
- By using balance bikes with no pedals, our sessions focus on developing balance, rather than the ability to pedal; achieving this helps children make the transition to using a bike with pedals
- Other benefits of Bikeability Balance include learning gross motor skills which can accelerate other types of learning and improving early years fitness
Learn to Ride
- Age 7 upwards
- Bikeability Learn to Ride is designed for children who are struggling to master the skill of cycling, or who have never learnt to cycle
- Age 16+
- Designed to give the rider all of the tools enabling them to cycle to work or a place of study.
Our office is open between 09:00 and 16:00 during school term time only.
- 4 to 5 years old
- 5 to 11 years old
- 12 to 16 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
Back to search