Cry-Sis - Support for Crying Babies
From its modest beginnings, Cry-sis has developed to become a well-respected and national charity. The stated aims remain 'to be efficient and effective in providing self-help and support to families with excessively crying, sleepless and demanding babies'.
To achieve this, Cry-sis runs a national telephone helpline that is available to callers every day of the year between 9.00am and 10.00pm. Callers are referred to a trained volunteer member of Cry-sis who has had personal experience of crying or sleep problems within their own family.
In 1981 a small group of parents, who were experiencing problems with their crying and sleepless babies, set up a support group. They discovered how important support is and how reassuring it can be to talk to someone. Today that support group has become Cry-sis, the only UK charity offering help and support to parents with babies who cry excessively or have sleeping problems.
- A telephone helpline available 7 days a week from 9.00am until 10.00pm.
- Advice and information on how to cope with a sleepless baby and/or a crying baby
- Tips for dads and partners
- Resources and a helpline
- Conducts research and increases public awareness
We are also proud to support Infacol's Colic Awareness Campaign.
Infant colic is a common problem that affects up to 1 in 5 babies, and usually begins when the infant is just a few weeks old. Signs and symptoms include:
- Intense crying bouts
- Crying in th late afternoon or evening that lasts several hours.
- The baby's face is red and flushed when they cry
- The baby clenches their fists, draws their knees up or arches their back while crying
Lines open 7 days a week 9am-10pm
- 0 to 1 years old
- 1 to 2 years old
- 2 to 3 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
Back to search