Toggle menu



A | B | C | D | E | F | G | H | I | J | K | L | M | N | O | PQ | R | S | T | U | V | W | X | Y | Z


Council Tax discounts for disabled people

If someone living at your address is permanently disabled, you might be able to get a discount on your Council Tax.

Deafness and hearing loss

Hearing loss can be temporary or permanent. It often comes on gradually as you get older, but it can sometimes happen suddenly.


There are various options that exist to help you deal with your debt problems. These include bankruptcy, debt relief orders, debt management plans, administration orders, debt consolidation and Individual Voluntary Arrangements (IVAs).

Dentists in Plymouth

Find your nearest NHS and private dentist in Plymouth.


Depression is more than simply feeling unhappy or fed up for a few days.

Depression self-assessment

This self-assessment will help you assess whether you could be suffering from depression, based on how you've been feeling over the last fortnight.

Devon and Cornwall Police

Call 999 if you or someone else is in immediate danger, or if the crime is happening right now. For a non-emergencies call 101.


Diabetes is a lifelong condition that causes a person's blood sugar level to become too high.

Disabled facilities grants

A Disabled Facility Grant can help pay for home improvements so you can get about easier and remain safe in your house or flat.

Domestic abuse

Domestic abuse is when a family member or someone you're in a relationship, with treats you in a way that harms you physically, emotionally or sexually.

Down's syndrome

Down's syndrome, also known as Down syndrome or trisomy 21, is a condition you're born with. Most people who have Down's syndrome lead healthy and fulfilled lives.


With the right help and support, it's possible for you to get drug and alcohol free and stay that way.


Dyslexia is a common learning difficulty that can cause problems with reading, writing and spelling.

Financial help if you're disabled

There is a wide range of disability-related financial support, including benefits, tax credits, payments, grants and concessions.

GP and Doctor surgeries in Plymouth

Find your nearest GP / Doctor surgery in Plymouth.

How do I register as disabled?

As there is no longer a national register of disabled people, technically you don't need to register as disabled.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email