Toggle menu

Support while you study

Can I Get Help With Childcare Costs Banner

  • Weekly payments from Care to Learn if you're at school or sixth-form college
  • Help through your college if you're in further education
  • A weekly grant if you're in full-time higher education

You could get weekly payments through Care to Learn if you're under 20 at the start of a publicly-funded course, such as a school or sixth form.

You can apply for Discretionary Learner Support to pay for childcare if you're 19 or over and in further education, for example, if you're studying for an NVQ, BTEC or PGCE.

You can apply for a Childcare Grant- if you're in full-time higher education to pay for childcare costs for children under 15 (or under 17 if they have special needs).

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email