Toggle menu

Make a complaint about children's social care

Children Social Care Complaint Panel

If you have any comments about children's social services or suggestions about how we can make things better, we want to hear from you.

We hope problems can be sorted out quickly and easily by speaking with the person you normally see from social services, but if you'd like to speak to someone different, you can complain to our Customer Relations Team.

How to complain

If you're a child with a social worker, you can complain using our contact card system - get a card from your social worker or call free on 0800 068 1249.

  • Call 0800 068 1249
  • Email
  • Write to the Customer Relations Team, Ballard House, West Hoe Road, Plymouth PL1 3BJ
  • Talk to your social worker or their manager about your concerns or speak to our Customer Relations Team (please contact us to make an appointment)

We'll look into your complaint and let you know what happens next.

What we need to know

When you contact us please give us as much of the following information as you can:

  • your name, address and telephone number
  • the name, address and date of birth of the person you represent if you're complaining on behalf of someone else
  • what your complaint is about
  • how you'd like us to put it right

If your problem hasn't been put right

If you've gone through all the stages of the complaint procedure and your problem hasn't been put right, you can complain to the Local Government Ombudsman.


Continue reading



Is the information correct?

Let us know if the information on this page needs updating.

Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory?  Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.


Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email