EDT, formerly known as Engineering Development Trust, offer young people (aged 9-21) active learning experiences in STE(A)M related careers, giving them the opportunity to gain knowledge and exposure that will help them make decisions about their future.
STEM is Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
Our range of work-related learning schemes provide opportunities for young people to enhance their technical, personal and employability skills through industry-led projects, industrial placements and specialised taster courses.
We help develop partnerships, building links between educators and industry employers, helping organisations reach talent and connect with young engineers and scientists across the UK.
Our portfolio includes
- First Edition - Hands-on STEM activity days for Year 5 - 11 & Primary 6 - S5 (9 - 16 year old) students. Providing opportunities for under-represented groups (girls, ethnic minorities, first in family to consider higher education).
- Go4SET - Environmental themed 10 week STEM projects for Year 8/9 & S2 (12-14 year old) pupils.
- Routes into STEM - STEM experience courses at college, university and industry companies for Year 10 & S3 (14 - 15 year old) students.
- Engineering Education Scheme (England & Scotland) - Real life 6 month STEM projects for Year 12 (16-17 year old) students.
- Inspire - STEM experience courses at university for Year 11 & S4 (15 -16 year old) girls.
- Headstart - STEM experience courses at university for Year 12 & S5 (16-17 year old) students.
- Industrial Cadets - Accredited work experience for young people aged 11-19.
- The Year in Industry - Paid career development work placements for students completing A levels/Scottish Highers/equivalent qualifications or as part of a university sandwich year.
For more information about EDT, and how we can help you, please view our website and contact us.
- 5 to 11 years old
- 12 to 16 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
Back to search