Early Years Speech and Language Support Team
Summary Menu of Outreach for the Early Years Speech & Language Support Team
One or more of the following maybe offered once the EYSLS team have determined what each child, their family and setting may need. The appropriate member(s) of the team will be allocated, and this will be reviewed on a regular basis.
Due to the Covid situation at present, many of these options may be offered virtually. Face to face support will be carried out if essential.
· Evaluation / audit of speech and language support with the child's setting
· 1:1 support for settings, families and the child
· Group training - for all families & settings of children receiving Outreach support
· Individualised resources to support targeted needs
· Access to support materials devised by / compiled by the EYSLS team
· Modelling of the support materials, including videos of "how to"
· Support with developing a speech and language focussed planning model
· Second opinions for other professionals
· Information, raising awareness of service and DLD resources and support available generally via the team's Facebook page - Early Years Speech & Language Support Team - Plymouth
The Early Years Speech and Language Support Team is based at Plym Bridge Nursery School and provides an outreach service for Early Years Foundation Stage aged children (pre-school & Foundation Year) from across the city of Plymouth who are presenting with features of Developmental Language Disorder (DLD).
Advice can be sought from the team at any time. Please get in touch via the contact details provided. Referrals can be made to the team via a child's community speech & language therapist.
- 0 to 1 years old
- 1 to 2 years old
- 2 to 3 years old
- 3 to 4 years old
- 4 to 5 years old
- Communication impairments
- Hearing impairments
Back to search