Ford Primary School and Nursery
Ford Primary School believes that every child should be valued for his or her individuality, culture and heritage, and that they are encouraged to achieve their full potential in a stimulating, challenging and caring environment.
We the staff, parents, governors and wider school community aim to encourage each and every child in all aspects of learning by:
- Fostering natural curiosity and a desire to learn
- Offering an exciting, challenging and creative curriculum
- Responding to the needs of each child
- Developing their confidence to acquire and use new skills
- Providing a safe and caring learning environment
- Respecting the opinions, beliefs and values of others
- Involving the community as partners in learning
- Motivating each child to strive and achieve
- Acknowledging effort
- Rewarding achievement your child will leave Ford Primary School ready for life in an ever-changing world.
Ford Primary School has an excellent Nursery within the Foundation Unit (3-5 year olds) and is part of the whole school. We teach children from the term after their 3rd birthday.
In addition, for parents/carers who both work (or the sole parent is working in a lone parent family,) they may be entitled to 30 hours free nursery childcare.
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated. Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
- Ofsted rating: Requires Improvement See the report for the school
At Ford Primary School we will support your child to achieve the best they can.
At times, children may need extra help with their learning and development and our website will show you the range of support that is available here at Ford.
As always, we will work with parents, carers and other agencies, as necessary, to ensure your child has access to the educational provision required to meet their needs.
- School nurseries
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
- Nursery school - 3 to 4 years
Back to search