High Street Primary Academy
High Street Primary School is a popular and successful primary school. We were founded in 1894 and we have a great history.
There is a strong family atmosphere in our school, the children feel safe and cared for. At High Street our aims are to:
- Provide a caring, secure, family environment where each child is valued as an individual who is able to benefit from and contribute to the life of the school, regardless of gender, race or disability.
- Teach children how to acquire knowledge and skills.
- Make full use of the school's resources so that each child can develop their academic, physical, social and creative talents.
- Give each child self confidence and to promote a sense of enjoyment and satisfaction in achieving success.
- Prepare children to become considerate and caring members of the school and the community who by their behaviour show respect towards the people they meet and the environment we all share.
- Encourage and promote a good relationship between home and school so that parents, staff and governors work together in the best interests of each child.
- Ofsted rating: Inadequate See the report for the school
Children with special needs are catered for within the normal school provision by the class teacher. In some cases, additional help can be provided in smaller groups.
Parents are asked to support their child as much as possible. Where a child has specific difficulties, specialist help may be sought from the Educational Psychologist or other Support Services in close consultation with parents.
Each child who has been identified as having special needs will have an individual education plan developed for them. These plans will be discussed with parents.
We will endeavour to allow access to the school for all children but are aware of the potential difficulties for certain categories of physical disability because of the nature of the building. Any request for a place at High Street will be treated sympathetically by the Governors.
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
- Three / four year old funded
- Two year old funded
Back to search