King's School and Nursery
King's School and Nursery in Plymouth is a co-educational independent school for children of nursery age up to 11 years old. Kings School provides a complete education in a warm and nurturing environment.
At King's School & Nursery in Plymouth, we have a longstanding tradition of providing an exceptional education to children between the ages of 3 and 11 years. Educational excellence is something that we pride ourselves on. However, it's not just the fantastic results that our pupils achieve that makes King's School so unique.
From our Nursery, through to when pupils leave us, their experience at King's is entirely tailored to suit their individual needs. We believe that our individualistic approach to school life and learning provides the perfect foundation for our pupils to develop and realise their full potential.
We have a happy family atmosphere with a strong sense of community where the development of individual personality is nurtured within a framework of security and positive reinforcement. Good manners and thoughtfulness for others are core values and children learn to take responsibility whilst gaining in self-confidence, self-discipline and maturity.
To find out more about how things work here at King's School and Nursery, you can request a prospectus today, or book a visit to our school.
Find out more
- Ofsted rating: Good See the report for the school
- Day nursery
- Nursery - under 5
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
King's School has an array of facilities for children to use and benefit from. They include:
- Beautiful purpose built hall opened in 2012 by Sir Chris Woodhead which offers excellent opportunity for assemblies, sport and performances.
- DT/Art room. Well-resourced room for all aspects of DT with a newly installed cooker and extractor fan for class lessons and cookery club.
- Large enclosed garden used for forest school. Forest School is run by our qualified Forest School and Beach School teacher on Fridays.
- ICT suite equipped for a class of up to 20 children.
- Storyteller chair on the front lawn where children can be both reflective and creative.
- Dining hall with purpose built kitchen run by Thomas Franks Chef Manager, freshly cooked food daily.
- Music cabin where music lessons by the music specialist are taught and also extracurricular singing and piano.
- Large playground recently re-fenced and resurfaced for sports.
- Separate nursery and foundation stage play areas, playhub in FS playground that offers a wide range of open ended, recyclable materials that the older children will encourage younger children to extend creative and critical thinking.
Back to search