Lipson Vale Primary School
Lipson Vale Primary School delivers a research informed curriculum, rooted in our community, which breaks down barriers and empowers our pupils to reach their individual potential and be proactive citizens.
At Lipson Vale Primary School we are committed to creating an educational environment that supports all pupils to be keen, enthusiastic and 'ready' learners who get to learn in classrooms that are free of disruption. We aim to create a positive, happy and caring environment where all pupils behave with consistently high levels of respect for themselves, others and their community.
Our approach has understanding at its very heart: understanding that pupils come into our school environment with different and varied experiences; understanding that our behaviours change when we are emotionally dysregulated; understanding that adults can help pupils to regulate and self-sooth.
Through our consistent, positive approach, focused on relationships, pupils develop strategies that support them in self-regulation, behaviour and self-control in a safe environment where new learning can take place.
We strongly believe that, through consistently high expectations of behaviour, we are able to provide an equitable approach which acknowledges each pupil as an individual who has the right to be treated with respect and compassion.
We believe that our school values help underpin this relationships policy by:
- Enabling children and adults to communicate clearly about their feelings
- Developing resilience in managing behaviour and relationships with others
- Having self-belief in our own abilities and potential to achieve
- Know that collaboration helps us to all learn in a safe, disruption-free classroom
- Supporting pupils to understand their responsibility in enabling everyone to succeed
- Helping pupils to show bravery is repairing and restoring relationships
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated. Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
- Ofsted rating: Good See the report for the school
If you have a concern about your child's progress and learning or there is something about SEN you would like to discuss, you can talk to the class teacher or meet with the Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator (SENCO).
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
Back to search