Mayflower Community Academy and Nursery School
Mayflower Community Academy and Nursery provides inclusive Nursery and Primary School education, working with our pupils to educate and inspire them for their future lives.
41 Ham Drive
Our vision is for Mayflower to be an inclusive academy, rich in aspirational values, committed to meeting the needs of our people and providing outstanding education so that all can strive to achieve the best possible opportunities in life.
To achieve this we will:
- Provide an inspirational curriculum that is broad and balanced rich in experience, promotes excellence and enables every child to make the most of his or her own distinctive and special talents
- Engage with the wider community to break down boundaries, broaden horizons and provide high quality learning experiences, both in and out of school, that help children develop a love of learning new things and a strong sense of citizenship
- Promote an inclusive learning culture that values and respects all people equally, where diversity is seen as a rich source of learning and all demonstrate tolerance and mutual respect
- Provide a stimulating learning environment, where positive learning behaviours are the norm and all young people are safe, challenged in their thinking and encouraged to explore, dream and discover their world in order to open up their career and life choices
An academy is a different way of managing a school. Rather than being the responsibility of the Local Authority (Plymouth City Council), an academy is managed by a Trust, which is set in place by regional schools commissioner.
- Ofsted rating: Outstanding See the report for the school
- School nurseries
- Day nursery
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
- Three / four year old funded
Back to search