St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
As a Catholic School it is our mission to provide a safe, nurturing and happy environment in which to educate our children to share their witness through Christian values; to instil a love of learning, of self and of others; enabling all to develop their God-given gifts and to achieve their potential.
Address:St Josephs Catholic Primary School
Chapel Street Ope
Chapel Street Ope
Telephone number: 01752 563185
Website address: http://www.st-josephs.plymouth.sch.uk/
Our aims are:
- To provide a stimulating, holistic curriculum which enables and enriches learning, making education exciting and enjoyable.
- To promote a lifestyle which emphasises the importance of caring for physical and emotional well being.
- To be a worshipping community which enriches the spiritual life of the individual, developing a sense of awe at the wonder of God's creation and his unconditional love.
- For each member of the community to grow in their personal relationship with Jesus Christ allowing them to make informed moral decisions based on Gospel values.
- To be an inspirational school where expectations challenge, and encourage each child to achieve the highest standards they can.
- To support parents in their role as the first educators of their children.
- To be known to parents and children as a welcoming and safe place.
- To ensure that the life and curriculum of the school celebrates and respects the differing ethnic, social, spiritual and cultural backgrounds present in the school and society.
- To develop self esteem through making a positive contribution to family life and the lives of the school, parish, local and wider global community.
- To expect high standards of behaviour, courtesy and respect engendering a spirit of co-operation, kindness and compassion within the school community.
- Ofsted rating: Good See the report for the school
Each Catholic School has a coordinator of SEND. The key responsibilities of the SENCO may include:
- overseeing the day-to-day operation of the school's SEND policy
- co-ordinating provision for children with SEND
- liaising with the relevant Designated Teacher where a looked after pupil has SEND
- advising on the graduated approach to providing SEND support
- advising on the deployment of the school's delegated budget and other resources to meet pupils' needs effectively
- liaising with parents of pupils with SEND
- liaising with early years providers, other schools, educational psychologists, health and social care professionals, and independent or voluntary bodies
- being a key point of contact with external agencies, especially the local authority and related support services
- liaising with potential next providers of education to ensure a pupil and their parents are informed about options and a smooth transition is planned
- working with the Head Teacher and school governors to ensure that the school meets its responsibilities under the Equality Act (2010) with regard to reasonable adjustments and access arrangements
- ensuring that the school keeps the records of all pupils with SEND up to date.
Website address: http://www.st-josephs.plymouth.sch.uk/website/send/182640
Primary - 5 to 11 years
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
Registered places: 125
Back to search