Tor Bridge Primary School
At Tor Bridge Primary School, we are proud to have introduced a broad and ambitious, knowledge-based curriculum which inspires our children to be confident and kind citizens of the future who aspire to... 'Go out into the world and do well. But more importantly go out into the world and do good'.
It is our belief that children learn best in a safe, secure and friendly environment that helps each child to develop as an individual learner and achieve their full potential. We work incredibly hard to provide an educational setting based on these principles and feel sure that all children will be happy and thrive during their time at our school.
Our high quality and committed staff provide a first-class educational experience for our children. We aim to develop very positive and productive relationships with our community and friends. Our 'Open Door' policy ensures that there is always one of our team available to answer any questions or solve any problems that may develop.
Our curriculum is engaging, innovative, built on first-hand experiences and celebrates all curriculum areas, helping to ensure that our children develop the knowledge and skills they need to excel, and become creative and curious citizens that are required to achieve academic excellence at secondary school and beyond. Our school has a wealth of resources and engages the children in activities which will prepare them for the next generation of learning.
- Ofsted rating: Inadequate See the report for the school
We aim to ensure all children at Tor Bridge Primary school are treated equally so that all pupils can achieve their full potential.
We recognise that a child has Special Educational Needs if he/she has a learning difficulty or an ability which is significantly greater than the majority of children of the same age.
- All children are given equal access to the curriculum and that each child's achievements are valued.
- We identify and assess children with SEN as early as possible.
- All procedures for identifying children with SEN are known by everyone.
- There is involvement of the parents at every stage.
- We provide differentiation within a balanced and broadly based curriculum, in a way which supports children with SEN.
- Records follow the child through the school which are clear, factual and up to date.
- We raise staff awareness and expertise through INSET.
- There is adequate resourcing for SEN.
- We maintain close links with the support services, other schools and agencies.
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
Back to search