Woodfield Primary School
Woodfield Primary is a school where every child is a valued individual, where everyone aims high and where lifelong learning is prioritised and promoted.
We are committed to inspire, support and encourage all children to be confident, independent learners equipped for the future, take pride in what they do, persevere and achieve their full potential.
We enable Woodfield children to respect themselves and others and become responsible members of the wider community.
In partnership with parents and the community, Woodfield Primary will work together to provide whatever it takes to ensure that we "Learn today for success tomorrow."
- Ofsted rating: Good See the report for the school
The following staff at Woodfield can help to support your child appropriate to their needs:
- Your child's teacher, who will always make sure that learning is appropriate and accessible for your child.
- Teaching Assistants, who support all pupils in class and can provide additional support to individual children or small groups under the direction of the class teacher.
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistants (ELSA), who are specifically trained in this area and are able to offer support, in small groups or on a 1:1 basis, to children who may be having difficulty managing their feelings and/or getting on with their friends.
- Learning Mentors, who help to support children with a range of barriers to their learning.
- Our SENCO is experienced in this role. She attends all local training and updates and works closely with other SENCO in the local area. She also coordinates the provision of SEN in school.
- Sometimes the school may assist in referrals to Specialist Support Services to work with identified children with a particular focus.
To ensure our staff have the skills and knowledge to support children with SEND, there is a programme of ongoing training both in school and elsewhere.
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
- Three / four year old funded
- Two year old funded
Back to search