Longcause Community Special School
Longcause Community Special School is for children aged 4-16. The school is Autism friendly, where pupils support one another and staff and families work closely together for the best outcomes for their children.
We specifically cater for the needs of children with communication and interaction difficulties together with cognition and learning. This means that our children usually have a moderate learning difficulty as well as an Autistic Spectrum Condition (ASC).
The school usually has 98 children on roll. Many of our pupils have associated difficulties such as Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD), Dyslexia, or other specific Learning Difficulties. This school is the only one of its kind in the West of Devon.
At Longcause we welcome visitors. If you would like to know more about what we do please come and visit us. You can be assured of a warm welcome and a tour. We have many visitors who on visiting for the first time say 'it is not at all how I imagined a special school to be !'
- Ofsted rating: Good See the report for the school
Longcause works in partnership with Brook Green Centre for Learning, Mill Ford School, Mount Tamar and Woodlands.
We are a unique partnership of five schools working collaboratively to provide outstanding training and support for schools and families. We cover all aspects of SEND across the Key Stages and believe in transforming education for all through collaboration.
- Training offer to schools
- Support for managing young people's additional needs
- Behaviour support strategies
- Parent and family support
- Support for young people at risk of exclusion
- Bespoke and alternative curriculum packages
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
- Secondary school - 11 to 16 years
- Special needs school - 3 to 19 years
Back to search