Mount Tamar School
Mount Tamar School is a specialist residential school for young people aged 5 to 16 who have behaviour, emotional and social difficulties. We also have students with complex learning difficulties and autism.
Mount Tamar School offers a quality learning environment with all students being supported by a team of experienced staff dedicated to sustaining a school where excellent teaching enables students to develop their abilities to the full.
We strive to provide the very best educational experience so that all our students can reach their full potential as they become responsible and proactive members of the community
Our exciting curriculum allows students to achieve in a range of valuable qualifications and gain a broad and balanced education. Students study the full range of subjects and then are able to specialise in their 'Focus Subjects' as they move through the school. Accreditation is key, and begins using the ASDAN Awards Scheme in Key Stage 2. Students then access a range of qualifications from Entry Pathways, Btec to GCSE allowing them to build self-esteem and confidence through achievement.
We respect the critical partnership with parents, carers and the wider community in developing young people's social, emotional, physical and intellectual qualities and we are uncompromising in our pursuit of the best for all.
We aim to make education real, interesting, relevant and practical. With an ethos of learning outside the classroom, outdoor education and forest schools we seek to develop social and emotional aspects of learning.
- Ofsted rating: Inadequate See the report for the school
- Mount Tamar is a Specialist School that focuses on ASC/ADHD and SEMH
- All our students have a Statement of Educational Needs.
- The main site is on Row Lane and consists of the lower and upper school. Our offsite Aspire provision is based over three sites, Beckly, Diggin It and Southway.
- Our students are between 5-16 years old, covering Key Stages 1-4.
- We offer personalised support packages specifically tailored to meet the individual needs of students. This may be at one of our Bases across the city that best suits the needs of the student or may be a more 'bespoke' provision.
- We are aware that for many of the students we work with, their needs may change frequently. We hold regular reviews for all our students and work on a flexible basis- if the provision/ interventions aren't meeting the needs of the young person then it can be changed.
- We work closely with appropriate external agencies and parents/ carers in order to meet the needs of the child as a whole.
- We aim to involve the student in decision making in order to develop appropriate target setting through a person centred planning approach wherever possible.
- Mount Tamar monitor progress of all our students regularly in order to enable appropriate action to be taken promptly.
- Primary school - 5 to 11 years
- Secondary school - 11 to 16 years
- Special needs school - 3 to 19 years
Back to search