Friendship and socialising - Plymouth Young Carers
Check out the Plymouth Youth Service which is a great place to meet new friends and share your thoughts.
Young carers Awareness Day and Carers week
Young carers across schools have an opportunity to come together for two events in January and June. Previous activities have included:
- Survival skills at Burrator Reservoir
- Bread making with Warburton's bread
- Pebble painting and a picnic at Saltram
- Pottery painting at Hands2gether
- Bus tour and ice cream on Plymouth Hoe
- Depot tour at Plymouth Citybus
Plymouth City Council also work alongside the Donkey Sanctuary at Ivybridge to give young carers opportunities for respite and therapy
Here is a resource from Macmillan about how young carers can be supported if they are caring for loved ones who have cancer.
NHS England- Support for young carers
Here is the link to a blog and song, showing the top 5 tips for young carers that have been developed in partnership with Young Carer Health Champions:
- Today on Young Carers Awareness Day - How can you help a young carer in just 5 minutes?
- Carers Trust
- Young Carers in School
- Action for Children - Young Carers
- Our Time- Helping young people affected by parental mental illness
- Young Minds
- Information on Coronavirus (Covid 19) for Young Carers and Young Adult Carers
- Helping young carers overcome loneliness and isolation during social distancing
- Coronavirus Carers UK
- Providing care during Coronavirus
Fun and Freedom Club - Friends and Families of Special Children
Offering young carers a chance to make new friends in a similar situation, it offers lots of fun with weekend clubs, days out and trips away. Find out more and get involved!