Widey Court Pre-School
Widey Court Pre-School was registered in 1984 and is run by a committee of parents. We operate from a purpose built building adjacent to Widey Court Primary School.
We are a purpose built setting, and enjoy the luxury of having a large open and secure outside area which is accessible at all times throughout the day. At Widey Court Pre-School the children are our curriculum. This is implemented with our In The Moment Planning ethos, where staff follow and challenge the children's lead. Our setting is full of interesting, natural provocations to allow your child to have the freedom to express what interests them.
Our environment enhances higher involvement from the child, that way they are engaged and interested and we as practitioners can extend play to ensure all areas are covered.
It is through engaging and stimulating experiences that they are interested in that keeps them involved and willing to learn.
Getting to know the child during inductions and through parents is key and continuing to know and explore how a child learns will enable them to reach their full potential.
Our pre-school is small enough to enable us to deliver a personal and individual approach to your child's development but big enough to allow your child to engage with others and learn important social skills.
As part of our transition process we liaise with Widey Court Primary School, and regularly use their outdoor environment to enhance the children's experience.
- We offer a lunch club at an additional cost, where children bring their own food from home
- We accept ME2 funded children and government funded children from the ages 2 to 5 years
- We accept all employment voucher schemes
- We DO NOT charge start up or registration fees
- All staff are fully qualified to NVQ level 3 and above. We are all up to date with safeguarding and first aid training.We ensure that the children can both learn and take risks in a controlled, safe environment and provide them with an area to be both physical and imaginative in their play.
Sessions cost £15 with an additional charge for lunch club, which is £4 per day.
- Ofsted rating: Good See the report for the school
SEND is the system that supports children and young people with special educational needs and disabilities.
We support every child as an individual, according to their own developmental needs. We have a designated SENDCo at our setting who works closely with staff in identifying and supporting children with additional needs and disabilities. We have access to advice and support from Plymouth Early Years team and can refer to outside professionals to ensure the child's needs are being met. We use Makaton signing to support communication and interaction.
- Pre school
- Pre-school - 2 to 4 years
- Three / four year old funded
- Two year old funded
Back to search