Disability, Pregnancy and Parenthood
DisabledParent.org.uk is a website belonging to Disability, Pregnancy & Parenthood, a user-led registered charity that promotes better awareness and support for disabled people during pregnancy and as parents.
Our mission is to provide Deaf and disabled people, their families and service providers with information and shared experience on all aspects of pregnancy, childbirth and parenting.
We recognise the important role Deaf and disabled people play in identifying solutions to their own challenges and that these solutions can be of benefit others. This site shares some of that knowledge and experience that we have been collecting since 1998. And now, this site provides opportunities for disabled parents and their professional allies to share that expertise more directly with others.
We are here for:
- All disabled people who are already parents and those who wish to become parents
- Health and social work professionals
- Other individuals and organizations concerned with disability and/or pregnancy and parenting.
- A free, confidential enquiry service offering information and advice to disabled parents and professionals;
- Publications: Accessible guides on disabled parenting;
- Training and consultation for health and social care professionals
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Learning disabilities
- Physical disabilities
Back to search