Home Start - South and West Devon
Home-Start South & West Devon supports parents with at least one child under 12 who are dealing with a range of issues.
Having a friend can be one of the most enriching and supportive relationships in a person's life ... and it can easily be taken for granted. At Home-Start South and West Devon we value friendship.
Many parents, desperate to do the right thing to give their children the best start in life, find they are fighting against the odds.
Home-Start South and West Devon supports parents with at least one child under 12 who are dealing with issues such as
- mental health
- domestic abuse
- difficult relationships
- We can help these parents to feel that the 'impossible' is possible!
Home-Start is a registered charity that offers one-to-one support to local families, with at least one child under 12, in their own homes using trained and experienced volunteers.
Parent/s must have one child under the age 5 to be referred to our service
For each referral made a Referral Form should be completed.
Before sending in a referral form families must be consulted, informed of the content of the referral form and show their agreement by signing the form.
All referrals received will be assessed to determine whether or not:
- The family has willingly chosen Home-Start South and West Devon.
- The referral falls within the remit of the scheme.
- The referrer needs to provide further information prior to a visit by the co-ordinator.
- The scheme is likely to have the resources to support the family.
Thinking about volunteering?
- Do you want to make a difference to a local family?
- Understand the challenges of being a parent?
Then you could make a fabulous Home-Start Volunteer, we have new opportunities available and spaces available for training - call for more details.
Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm
- 0 to 1 years old
- 1 to 2 years old
- 3 to 4 years old
- 4 to 5 years old
- 5 to 11 years old
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health
- Physical disabilities
Back to search