Macmillan Cancer Support
Whatever cancer throws your way, we're right there with you. We provide physical, emotional and financial support to help you live life as fully as you can.
Macmillan Cancer Support provides high quality, up-to-date cancer information for cancer patients, their families and carers.
We understand that cancer and cancer treatment can throw a lot your way. It can affect your body, your money and your relationships. We can offer physical support, financial support and emotional support.
The different stages of cancer
- Worried about cancer
If you're worried about cancer, we have information about the causes, risk factors, signs and symptoms. Read more
Find out about tests and scans, and read advice to help you understand your diagnosis. Read more
We have information about the different types of treatments, their side effects, and the options available to you. Read more
- After treatment
Find out about follow-up care, managing treatment effects, and making healthy lifestyle changes. Read more
Plymouth cancer support groups
If you're affected by cancer, the Mustard Tree Macmillan Information and Support Centre can offer you high quality information and support in a relaxed, comfortable environment.
How we can help you
- One to one consultations with specialist support staff
- A telephone support and information service
- Education sessions and workshops offering advice on a range of health and wellbeing topics
- Information and support within the workplace
- Benefits advice
- Counselling. Support coping with hair loss and choosing wigs
- Appropriate fitness, activity and exercise for health and wellbeing
- Signposting to a wide range of support services and support within your local community
- Support for patients, families and carers living with and beyond a cancer diagnosis
- Complementary therapies
- Support groups and many other activities
Our group meets on the 4th Friday of every month 11.00am- 12.30pm at Sherwell United Church, North Hill, Plymouth PL4 8ER. Sometimes we have talks by health professionals, other times we can just meet up for a chat to help support each other.
Our group meets on the first Wednesday, of each calendar month at the Mustard Tree Cancer Support Centre at Derriford Hospital at 10.30am. The next following month we take a trip out somewhere.
Monday to Friday 9am-8pm
- Everyone, regardless of age
Back to search