Macmillan Cancer Support
The Macmillan Support Line offers free, confidential support to people living with cancer and their loved ones. If you need to talk, we'll listen.
Because cancer can affect your life in so many ways, we do whatever it takes to give people the support they need.
Get support when you need it
Find out how we can support you and get information about different cancer types.
- Support from Macmillan - We know cancer can affect you physically, emotionally and financially. We're here to help.
- Online Community - Talk to people affected by the same cancer, share your experiences, and ask an expert your questions.
- Cancer types A to Z - Find out about the different types of cancer, including symptoms, tests and treatment.
- Treatment & drugs A to Z - Read more about different cancer treatments and drugs, and get help with treatment decisions.
The different stages of cancer
Worried about cancer
If you're worried about cancer, we have information about the causes, risk factors, signs and symptoms. View the worried about cancer page.
Find out about tests and scans, and read advice to help you understand your diagnosis. View the diagnosis page.
We have information about the different types of treatments, their side effects, and the options available to you. View the treatment page.
Find out about follow-up care, managing treatment effects, and making healthy lifestyle changes. View the after treatment page.
More information and support from Macmillan
- Bowel cancer
- Breast cancer
- Lung cancer
- Prostate cancer
- Cancer information booklets
- Macmillan Support Line
- Chat to Macmillan support online
- Online Community cancer chat forum
- Cancer awareness
- Benefits calculator
- Benefits and financial support
- Macmillan Grants
- Supporting someone with cancer
- BUPA counselling
- Information for healthcare professionals
How we can help you
We're here to help everyone with cancer live life as fully as they can, providing physical, financial and emotional support. So whatever cancer throws your way, we're right there with you.
Not sure where to start?
Find out about the different ways we can help - whether you need help paying bills, advice on benefits or treatment, or just want to chat.
Support in Plymouth from Macmillan
Macmillan Benefits Adviser in Plymouth
Based in Derriford Hospital, Plymouth. Provides benefits and basic financial advice, help with form completion and accessing grants to patients and carers who are under the care of Derriford Hospital. The service is available Tuesday - Thursday either face to face in the centre, on wards, at outpatient clinics or by telephone, to both patients and carers as well as community Macmillan nurses and social workers.
For more information, please call 01752 430060.
The Mustard Tree Macmillan Cancer and Information Support Centre in Plymouth
The Mustard Tree is opened to drop ins and booked appointments with Counsellors, Therapists, Support Specialists and Benefits Advisor and are also offering video link appointments and telephone consultations. There are now drop-in support sessions offered in Liskeard, Tavistock, Kingsbridge and Ivybridge. Contact the Mustard Tree for session times.
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
- Everyone, regardless of age
Back to search