PADAN (Plymouth Area Disability Action Network)
PADAN (Plymouth Area Disability Action Network) started in 2000 as Plymouth DAN and registered as a charity in 2011 to provide a collective voice supporting and empowering local disabled people. The aims of the group are to encourage a greater understanding of disability issues and to challenge discrimination and inequalities in society.
OUR ACTIVITIES ARE:
- Producing a quarterly newsletter with Local and National information, disabled access information for local events (when available) and all the latest news from the disabled community.
- Running an Access Group focusing on practical ways to improve disabled access to services and facilities for local disabled and non-disabled people.
- Holding General meetings with guest speakers providing opportunities for discussion, consultation, information exchange and networking.
- Organising occasional larger events.
- Running a monthly activity group
Membership is free and includes our quarterly newsletter.
Membership is open to disabled people and Associate membership to non-disabled friends, allies, carers and anyone interested in disability issues.
Related links: Facebook
When is it on: Our Activity Group meets on the first Thursday of the month and Access & General meetings are held on Fridays, usually once a month. Contact us for details.
Time of day: Afternoon
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Respite care
- Physical disabilities
- Learning disabilities
Back to search