Peace and Quiet 1:1 hairdressing sessions
We are a specialist hairdressing service for people with Mental Health Difficulties, Learning Disabilities, Autistic Spectrum Conditions and additional needs, who would not ordinarily feel able to access a mainstream salon.
Peace Hair and Beauty salon is offering 1:1 appointments to people who may find a busy salon daunting and intimidating.
This service is offered by appointment only and open to anyone who would benefit from -
- no other clients in the salon
- not having to do the 'small talk'
- being able to bring objects that help them to feel more comfortable
- not having to look at themselves in the mirror
- having the radio on or off
- having the 1:1 attention of someone who is not going to judge them or be scared off by difficult thoughts and feelings.
The stylist, Dot Prout, is a qualified hairdresser and has worked as an art psychotherapist for the last 18 years. She brings a rich mix of experience and transferable skills from her work within a variety of health and social care settings, to her practice as a hairdresser.
Sessions are at Peace Hair and Beauty in Oreston, by appointment only on Tuesday evenings.
Click to see our easy-read poster.
- 5 to 11 years old
- 12 to 16 years old
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Learning disabilities
- Mental health
Back to search