Crisis support - cost of living support
Plymouth City Council is working with local organisations to provide support for residents of Plymouth who are in a financial crisis because of an emergency or other unexpected circumstances.
Who is eligible for a crisis referral
You must live in Plymouth and one or more of the following apply:
- you've just started a new job and won't be paid for a while (you will need to provide evidence of employment)
- a crisis such as illness has affected your ability to manage day to day essential living expenses
- an unexpected bill arrives, such as funeral expenses, that puts you in financial crisis
- there has been a change in your benefit entitlement. For example, a suspension or a change of circumstances or you are waiting for a new benefit claim to be assessed. You will need to apply for a short term benefit advance, hardship payment and/or budgeting loan from the job centre before we can refer you to Foodbank
You are not eligible for crisis support if you do not live in Plymouth, or if:
- you have already had three referrals to Foodbank within the last 12 months
- you have failed to take advantage of support offered
- you have access to financial help from other sources, such as friends and family
- you are unable to provide evidence if asked for to support your crisis referral
- your needs could be met though eligibility to budgeting loans, short term advances (formally benefit alignment payments), cold weather payments, winter fuel payments or requirements under Fair Access to Care Service (FACS)
- you have been banned from using the Foodbank or Oasis premises
Apply for a crisis referral
If you think that you are eligible for a crisis referral phone 01752 668000.
- Cost of living support
- Heating and energy support
- Food and shopping support
- Money and financial support
- Housing and homelessness support
- Mental health support
- Employment and training support
- Travel and transport support
- Children, young people and families support
- Free internet and wi-fi access support
- Crisis support
How to submit an organisation or community group to this website
If you are an organisation or community group and can help support people living in Plymouth, please complete our online form and we will add you to this directory.
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page needs updating.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
This page was last updated on 14 June 2022