Tips to help you save money
Cost of living support
Remember - if you are struggling, you are not alone and there is no shame in asking for help. Everyone needs a little bit of extra support at some point in their lives.
Tips to save energy
There are lots of small actions you can take to help save energy and cut your energy bills:
- Turn appliances off standby mode
- Turn off lights when you're not using them, or when you leave a room
- Replace the lights in your home with LED bulbs
- Wash your clothes in cooler water (for example, switch to a 30 degree wash)
- Turn your thermostat down - even just turning it down by one degree could help cut bills by around four per cent, according to Money Saving Expert
- Draught-proof your windows and doors - the Energy Saving Trust has useful tips
- Reduce how long you spend in the shower
- Avoid overfilling the kettle and only boil the amount of water you need
- If you have a dishwasher, only run it when it's full
- Use the 'eco' setting on appliances like your dishwasher, washing machine or boiler
- Unplug your charger once a device, like your phone or laptop, is fully charged
- Use the microwave instead of the oven if you can when cooking
The Energy Saving Trust has useful tips for how to save energy on a budget.
Find out what benefits and financial support you may be able to get
Use the government's online tool to find out what support you might be able to get to help with your living costs. You can get benefits and other financial support if you're eligible.
- Cost of living support
- Heating and energy support
- Food and shopping support
- Money and financial support
- Housing and homelessness support
- Mental health support
- Employment and training support
- Children, young people and families
- Help and support for carers
- Warm and welcoming spaces
- Crisis support
- Free internet and wi-fi access support
- Travel and transport
- Tips to help you save money
- Help from the government - view all of the cost of living support schemes that you could be eligible for and apply today
How to submit an organisation or community group to this website
If you are an organisation or community group and can help support people living in Plymouth, please complete our online form and we will add you to this directory.
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated. Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.