Toggle menu

COVID-19 - Money and Finances - Caring For Plymouth

Caring for Plymouth Promotional Banner

Updated 8 April 2021



Citizens Advice Bureau

We give people the knowledge and confidence they need to find their way forward - whoever they are, and whatever their problem. Our network of charities offers confidential advice online, over the phone, and in person, for free. 

Citizens Advice money and debt service



0300 3309 043

Citizens Advice Plymouth Logo

Department of Work and Pensions

Advice regarding Universal Credit that will be updated with any changes from central Government.



Money Advice Service 

Free and impartial money advice, setup by the Government, that covers a wide range of topics. 



0800 1387 777

Money Advice Service Logo

OHOB Ltd (Open Hearts Open Borders)

We support individuals or families who have been most affected during these unprecedented times. We can offer emergency reimbursements for items such as utility bills, or prescriptions and/or we can provide food deliveries, grocery store food vouchers and gift cards, as well as packs of essential items such as toiletries, sanitary products, nappies, wet wipes, and essential food items. We can also provide clothing vouchers or small household items if required, such as kitchen equipment, and bedding.



Email  or

Open Hearts Open Borders Logo

Plymouth Energy Community (PEC)

Advice and support with energy issues such as heating, no energy, unable to access energy suppliers online, self isolating, fuel debt, direct debits and welfare checks.




01752 307247

Plymouth Energy Community Logo

Find out what support you can get if you're affected by coronavirus

Use this GOV.UK service to find out what help and advice you can get from the government and other organisations. You can use it for yourself or someone else.

You can find support with:

  • what to do if you're feeling unsafe where you live, or if you're worried about someone else
  • paying bills, rent, or your mortgage
  • getting food
  • being made redundant or unemployed, or not having any work
  • what to do if you're worried about going in to work
  • having somewhere to live
  • mental health and wellbeing, including information for children

If you need medical help, go to NHS 111 online.

You will not get direct support from the government or organisations through this service.

Start now

How to submit an organisation or community group to this website

If you are an organisation or community group and can help people during the COVID-19 pandemic, please complete our online form and we will add you to this directory.

Submit your offer of help and support 

Is the information correct?

Let us know if the information on this page needs updating.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email