Updated 3 November 2020
Download and print a copy of the
to give your contact details to those who might need help.
How to stay safe when accepting help from others
- If you are receiving voluntary help do not share financial details like credit/debit card numbers or personal information.
- If someone you don't know calls at your home, always ask for ID and always ensure you are comfortable sharing details like your phone number or address.
- Only provide information on a need to know basis and if you have seen ID. Do not feel pressured into providing information.
- If you have doubts about those who are approaching you, and are concerned, it is advised that you don't engage, and report serious suspicious behaviour to the police.
- Remember that genuine volunteers have been instructed not to enter your home and should all have documentation proving their status.