Updated 2 October 2020
Our Plan to help keep Plymouth safe
We have developed a Local Outbreak Management Plan (LOMP) to keep our communities, businesses and visitors safe. The plan sets out measures to minimise further local outbreaks of COVID-19 and respond quickly to limit the spread of the virus in the event of an outbreak.
- The Plymouth Local Outbreak Management Plan Summary
- The Plymouth Local Outbreak Management Plan Frequently Asked Questions
Latest figures in Plymouth
The numbers of cases in Plymouth is relatively low but we can never be complacent.
You can find the information on confirmed cases in Plymouth on our Position in Plymouth page.
Council and city centre measures
In order to keep our city safe and prevent the spread of coronavirus, we have had to make some changes in the city centre and around the waterfront. These include:
- Cash-less parking - Machines in all Council city centre car parks no longer take cash. Customers pay pay by credit and debit card or by RingGo, via the mobile phone app, website or by phone. (Multi-storeys are credit and debit card only). There is continued free use for NHS staff, health and social care workers and NHS volunteers with a council approved Health, care and volunteer workers parking pass. Please follow social distancing guidance whilst using our car parks.
- Enhanced cleaning for public toilets - all public toilets are now open and are regularly cleaned
- Our street cleansing team are paying particular attention to high-contact areas such as bins and seating
- Signage has been placed around the city to remind people of the need to maintain social distancing.
Test and Trace Support Payments
The Government has announced a new payment to support people who face financial difficulty if they have been instructed to self-isolate on or after 28 September 2020.
Visit our NHS Test and Trace Support Payments page for more details.
Your questions answered
We have put together some questions and answers about COVID-19. Please email email@example.com if you have any further questions you would like to see answered.
We are here to help.
If you have any issues, concerns or need advice on Coronavirus please email the Public Health Team at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 01752 668000.
We are here to support and work with our residents and businesses. It is important that we all work together to keep our city safe.