Skills Launchpad Plymouth (COVID-19)
This page is no longer being updated. Please refer to the Government website for the latest Coronavirus (COVID-19) information and guidance.
Updated 22 June 2021
Build your future in Plymouth
Our Youth Hub, part of Skills Launchpad Plymouth, is here to help you
Working in city wide partnership, Youth Hub Plymouth offers a virtual one-stop-shop FREE skills service offering targeted support for our young people by providing access to all impartial information, advice and guidance.
Investing in skills to develop our young talent is a top priority for Plymouth, and despite the economic impact of Covid-19 there are still plenty of opportunities for young people. Through our Youth Hub, we want to help you and your child to make an informed choice about the best possible next steps. Remember, it's never too late to find out what's available and we want to help you get a plan in place that you are happy with.
What can the Youth Hub offer you?
Whatever your personal circumstances, whether you've left school, are a concerned parent/ carer, or a young person who does not know what move to make next, if you are 16-24 years old and live in and around Plymouth we can offer you:
- Practical help with CV writing, interview practice and job searching
- The facts about the current and future employment picture of Plymouth to inform your skills choices
- Access to free impartial advice, information and guidance that we know you'll find useful in helping you to make an informed decision and choose the right pathway for you, including creating your own careers and skills action plan with fair and helpful advice
- Support to become work ready and equipped with the skills that you'll need including addressing additional support needs, with potential access to coaching and mentoring to help support you to stay successfully in work
- Awareness of city wide career events and opportunities to meet local recruiting employers
- A chance to brush up on key skills to work such as Maths and English, and the all-important digital skills
- Help to keep you informed and match you with real opportunities to local pathways into:
- Education/ further study - academic qualifications, vocational qualifications, further education and higher education
- Apprenticeships, Traineeships and Kickstarts
- Work experience
And, if you feel you need to get your head in the right space before you're ready to take those next important steps, you'll find support for mental health and well-being too, to help give you the confidence and reassurance to get started.
Alongside delivering this new virtual service, we also have plans to have a physical space. Subject to Covid-19 compliance and government guidelines, we hope to host events in our local communities where you will be able to come along and find out more, and provide a Launchpad home somewhere central where you will be able to pop in for a chat. Keep a look out for future updates.
For more information please contact email@example.com and we will do our best to help and support you.