Headway Plymouth was specifically set up as a specialist organisation to support and meet the needs of adults with acquired brain injuries and associated neurological disorders. There is additional provision to support carers, family and friends in the local area and surrounding districts.
Headway Plymouth works along side people who have varying abilities and needs ranging from mild, moderate or complex- including physical, psychological, emotional, communication, cognitive and behavioural difficulties.
We provide a wide range of activities - emphasising and encouraging participation of clients through a host of learning experiences We aim to make these activities both dynamic and innovative.
People prefer to use our service because of the results we achieve by supporting choice, control, dignity and, it follows, quality of life.
Our core principles are to work with individuals to ensure their health and safety as well as safeguarding them as vulnerable adults whilst they are living in the community.
- All of our clients are encouraged to exercise their right to control their own personal and financial affairs.
- All of our clients have equal rights and are entitled to protection against any form of discrimination.
- A personal care and support plan will be agreed with the client and their family which is tailored to their needs.
- All of our staff are committed to providing quality care to each and every client. All of our team have been CRB/DBS checked and hold appropriate care qualifications.
- Our work involves improving quality of life for our clients and to promote their independence. All profits from Headway Plymouth are ploughed back into supporting the vital services we provide.
Find out more
Plymouth Branch: Parking is limited and a short walk is necessary, a good bus route with approx 30 yards of the hub, train station is at Devonport approx 200 yards away
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Brain injuries
Back to search