Day Service for people with Multiple & Complex Needs and their wider family - Hamoaze House
Hamoaze House is primarily a day service for people who have, historically, been affected by the problematic use of drugs and/or alcohol.
We also offer group therapy sessions, one to one therapy and enabling sessions, and can create bespoke packages of help.
However, rarely are drugs or alcohol a standalone problem and sometimes this is not the primary problem. Therefore we have throughout our evolution adapted to accommodate those individuals referred into our services with multiple vulnerabilities and complex needs.
- Adults who have life problems related to their own problematic drug or alcohol use (e.g. accommodation/relationship issues/offending);
- Adults managing common mental health issues;
- Adults with early life trauma [childhood trauma]
- Vulnerable adults with learning difficulties and undiagnosed mental ill health who self-medicate with alcohol and/or drugs
To enable us to provide the right support we:
- Work with other people whose lives are affected by drugs and alcohol (e.g. members of the community, friends or family of people who use - or have used -drugs or alcohol);
- We have a family support team
- Schools and other charitable organisations and community members use our gym and sports facilities.
If you are struggling with problematic alcohol or drug use and want help to change your life, to leave the chaos behind, we can help you. This is your opportunity for change. We can offer a safe, calm place to help you to rebuild your life with new skills and coping mechanisms. We offer support, counselling and security for you and your family.
Group is a form of therapy where a number of people meet regularly, to talk, interact and discuss problems with each other and with the group facilitators. They are structured sessions focusing on different themes.
Group can be mixed or single sex and is a safe and comfortable place, individuals are able to mutually support each other and help gain an insight into their own thoughts and behaviours.
One to One Therapy - £45 per hour
One to One Enabling sessions - £20 per hour, £60 half day, £120 all day.
We can offer a range of complimentary services, for example, group counselling sessions combined with a fitness programme
If you are interested in accessing 2 or more of our services, contact us for a programme planning assessment.
Throughout Hamoaze House, we run various projects and activities that volunteers can support. These include activities with vulnerable people and young adults, monthly celebration meals, fun days and sports activities. If you are interested in volunteering, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that volunteers will be subject to a criminal records database check.
- Contracted and Approved Supplier
Open 6 days a week Monday to Saturday from 9.00 - 17.00.
Family Group is a Tuesday Evening.
We are open to the public on:
• Monday 6pm for Zumba
• Tuesday 6.15pm for Rocket Yoga
• Wednesday 6.15 for Yoga Therapy
• Alternate Thursdays BUD Club
We also offer a range of afterschool trampolining clubs.
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
- Drugs and alcohol
Back to search