Audiology Services - Derriford Hospital
Audiology is the science of hearing and vestibular (balance) function. The audiology service sees patients of all ages who have hearing and balance disorders.
We carry out a variety of different tests, depending on the age and ability of the patient, and whether they have any specialist hearing problems, including hearing loss and tinnitus. Once tests are completed the team can make recommendations and provide appropriate rehabilitation. The department also tests patients who are suffering with their balance or dizziness.
How we can help
- Adult audiology care at a range of locations including, Derriford Hospital, Mount Gould, Launceston, Liskeard, Tavistock, Stratton or South Hams (Kingsbridge)
- Paediatric care at a range of locations including, Ivybridge, Kingsbridge, Tavistock, Mount Gould, Derriford Hospital and Scott Hospital, Plymouth
- A full range of modern digital hearing aids incorporating the latest noise reduction technology, adaptive microphones and connectivity e.g. Bluetooth and the loop system
- Years of experience in fitting high power hearing aids to effectively help people with severe or complex hearing losses
- A full diagnostic service delivered by university and workplace trained hearing healthcare specialists
- Strong links with the Ear, Nose and Throat Department at Derriford Hospital, so you can be sure that you are receiving the best medical care required
- Free batteries for hearing aids
- A walk in after-care service five days a week
- Hearing and tinnitus therapy for those with troublesome tinnitus or problems adjusting to hearing loss.
Clinics in the community are held for children and adults and an open access repair service is available. Paediatric clinics are held at Ivybridge, Kingsbridge and Tavistock and adult clinics at Kingsbridge, Tavistock, Liskeard, Launceston and Stratton. The clinics are held mostly once a month or fortnightly by appointment.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic the drop-in hearing aid repair service is closed. Please do not attend the Audiology department unless you have a booked appointment.
If your hearing aids need repairing, please post this to us and we will return it to you as soon as possible.
Our address is Audiology Department, Level 7, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth, PL6 8DH
Alternatively, if you need advice or supplies the technicians are still here and available Monday- Friday.
You can contact them by calling 01752 430846
Or Email: email@example.com
To help us find you on our patient system. Please provide your name, date of birth, and address (or name and hospital number if you have it).
- Everyone, regardless of age
- Hearing impairments
Back to search