Wellbeing for Education Return and Recovery
The Wellbeing for Education Return project aims to provide tools and support to enable education staff to protect and strengthen their whole school or colleges resilience to the wellbeing and mental health impacts of the COVID-19 pandemic.
The Plymouth Educational Psychologists work closely with local primary and secondary schools, to offer a range of training courses and guidance for school staff. The following training offers and resources are part of, and support The Wellbeing for Education Return and Recovery project, and are developed and lead by The Educational Psychology Service:
- Emotional Literacy Support Assistant Training for Teaching Assistants
- Mental Health Leads Training for Senior Mental Health Leads in Schools and Colleges
- Emotionally Based School Avoidance Resources for school staff, parents, and young people.
CAMHS Community Team
CAMHS Community Team Duty Advice line for Families and Professionals has extended its opening hours in response to COVID-19. The phone line is now open Monday - Friday from 9am to 5pm. Please contact the team on 01752 431613 to seek advice, discuss whether a referral to CAMHS may be appropriate and access support for families who are currently awaiting input from the CAMHS Community Team.
Mental Health Support Team
Livewell Southwest has successfully secured funding to establish a Mental Health Support Team. This is a pilot scheme with identified schools to evaluate the effectiveness of school based interventions to support children, young people, families and professionals to promote emotional health and wellbeing. The team will be offering a range of support including working with anxiety, low mood, behavioural concerns, peer mentoring and parenting interventions. Requests for training and consultation can be made directly to the team.
Call 01752 435401 or email email@example.com
The following schools are currently involved in the pilot.
- Austin Farm Academy
- Ford Primary School
- High Street Primary
- Knowle Primary School
- Leigham Primary School
- Lipson Co-operative Academy
- Lipson Vale Primary School
- Marlborough Primary School
- Morice Town Primary Academy
- Mount Street Primary School
- Mount Wise Community Primary School
- Plympton Academy
- Shakespeare Primary School
- Sir John Hunt Community Sports College
- St George's Church of England Primary Academy
- St Joseph's Catholic Primary School
- St Peter's Church of England Primary
- Stoke Damerel Community College
- The Cathedral School of St Mary
- Tor Bridge High
- Whitleigh Community Primary School
- Woodfield Primary School
Mental Health and Wellbeing training - learning from the pandemic - webinar 1
Mental Health and Wellbeing training - learning from the pandemic - webinar 2