Resources for schools - Wellbeing for Education Return
Jeremiah's Journey is a children's bereavement charity
What support do we offer?
- Jeremiah's Friends 9-week Group
A 9-week group where we work with families where the bereavement has been traumatic in some way.
- Family Group Work
Working with and supporting a bereaved family using a variety of activities over 3-4 sessions
- Story Group
A 4-week group for young children and their parents using storybooks to explore children's grief.
- EMDR Group
A group delivering EMDR therapy and resourcing to parents where the bereavement has been traumatic.
- Jeremiah's Journey Youth Group
An ongoing monthly peer to peer support youth group for tweens, which we are starting in the new year.
Sometimes we are also able to offer a limited number of individual sessions to children and young people if we feel this is necessary or support parents or other professionals to support children themselves using Zoom/telephone appointments.
We run a helpline on Tuesday, Wednesday, and Friday from 10 to 12 o'clock. Families and professionals are welcome to call us on 01752 424348 or email us with their telephone number at firstname.lastname@example.org and one of the team will contact them during those times.
School Consultation and Training
We offer fortnightly consultation slots from 3:30-4:30pm on alternate Wednesdays and Fridays, which schools and other professionals can access by calling 01752 424348 or emailing us email@example.com and a member of the team will contact them to book a time.
We have created several video training sessions and informative posters, which professionals working with bereaved children can request to access. The titles of the training we provide are:
- 5 ways to show compassion to a bereaved child or young person
- 5 things you can do to support a child who has been bereaved
- 5 things you can do to support a child under 5 who has been bereaved
- 5 resources to help you support a young person who has been bereaved
- 5 things parents can do to look after themselves and support their grieving children
- Tips for organisations and staff who are supporting bereaved children and young people
School based staff
- The worried child
- Anxiety disorders
- Sad bored or Isolated
- Poor concentration and overactivity 1
- Poor concentration and overactivity 2
- The aggressive difficult child
- Tics and twitches
- Obsessive compulsive disorder
Staff wellbeing resources
Primary and secondary school worksheets
- Wellbeing and Fundraising Pack For Secondary Schools [2.8MB]
- Do One Thing Activity List [221.47KB]
- Do One Thing Activity List Handout [73.99KB]
- Helpful Thought Each Day [123.71KB]
- Helpful Thoughts Worksheet [24.14KB]
- Helpful Thoughts - Self Esteem Journal [25.66KB]
- Explore Social Anxiety Handout [44.36KB]
- Nip In The Bud
- Stress on the brain
- ACES awareness web cast
- Confidence in discussing healthy relationships webinar
Parents and carers
Local resources and support
Children and Young People
Helpful and useful websites
- Growing together: Children's Mental Health Week 2022 toolkit of resources
- Talking racism and mental health in schools podcase
- Education for wellbeing
- Supporting refugee and asylum-seeking children who have experienced trauma
- The developing mind: conference for Children's Mental Health Week
- New UK Trauma Council research roundup