InFocus is a charity based in Exeter, Devon that provides services for young children and young people with vision impairment and complex needs. Each year they provide hours of education, interventions to support vision impairment, mobility and habilitation training, a range of therapies, employability support, help with Braille and Access Technology, dedicated nursing and healthcare, and much more.
InFocus is a charity based in Exeter, Devon that provides services for young children and young people with vision impairment and complex needs. Our wide range of educational, care and support services are available to children and young adults with visual impairment, together with other other complex needs (including PMLD, Autistic Spectrum Disorder, severe learning disabilities, moderate learning needs, multi-sensory impairment, Cerebral palsy, social and emotional needs).
- Day or residential placements for a 38 week academic year College (16 to 25). These can be full time or part time.
- 38 week education placements plus 14 week additional residential support for an all year round package
- Supported internships and work experience placements
- Outreach support in mainstream and specialist schools, colleges and universities Therapy, mobility and health
- Full therapy support to our students and young people covering speech and language, physiotherapy, occupational therapy and music therapy
- Mobility and orientation support from our ROVI team
- Health care from our nurse and healthcare assistant team
All our specialists in therapy mobility and health are employed directly by the charity (not a bought-in service that you might find elsewhere). This means that they get to know all our young people and contribute to a truly holistic programme of support.
Adult care and support services
- Full time residential care in St David's House (Exeter)
- Non-residential support for young adults living the community
- Onsite and offsite supported living services
- Residential respite and short breaks Work placements and vocational support
- Work placements and work opportunities for students and young people in the WESC Foundation Community
- Work experience and work placements for young people in the wider community of Devon, including in our retail and horticulture enterprises
- Supported internships combining education, employability skills training and work experience as a stepping stone to paid or voluntary employment
- 17 to 25 years old
- 12 to 16 years old
- Visual impairments
Back to search