Progeny - The Zone Plymouth
Progeny is whole school approach to supporting emotional health and wellbeing across school communities.
Progeny is a whole-school approach to supporting emotional health and wellbeing across school communities. The service was set up to enable partnerships to be developed and pathways to be formed, to develop capacity and competence to address the presenting needs of our students.
As part of the project a 'Young People and Parents Resource Pack' was developed which provides details about a number of local and national organisations which can support young people and their parents.
Now entering its 4th year Progeny has become a service which successfully addresses and supports the needs of our whole school communities. We know that young people who are stable, secure and happy in their own skin go on to succeed, make positive choices and live fulfilling adulthoods.
Year 3 Update
- 136 School-Based Staff have been successfully trained as Mental Health First Aiders.
- 319 additional School-Based Staff have had elements of Mental Health First Aid disseminated to them, of which 100% reported that this was beneficial to their roles.
- 1108 School-Based Staff have received additional bespoke training opportunities covering a variety of topics including; Healthy Relationships, Risk-Taking Behaviours, Social Media, LGBT, CSE, Attachment and Drugs and Alcohol, Young Peoples Resilience and Self Esteem and Staff Stress.
- 684 individual Children and Young People received workshops throughout Mental Health Awareness Weeks (May and October) comprising of sessions addressing Mental Health Awareness and Stress and Resilience.
- The Targeted Support Programme to date has been delivered to a total of 19 Schools which include; Grammar, Mainstream and Special Schools with 197 Young People having had the opportunity to meaningfully engage.
- 89 Parents and Carers have attended co-delivered Workshops relating to Young Peoples Mental Health and Development.
In total there has been a minimum of 2,500 different people who have directly benefited from interventions delivered by Progeny.
Please visit our website for more details about the work of Progeny within the school communities.
Monday to Friday 9am - 5pm
Back to search