Podiatry Service - Livewell Southwest
Podiatry is the assessment, diagnosis and treatment of a wide range of health problems affecting the foot and lower limb.
The Podiatry Services of Livewell Southwest offer specialist assessments and interventions for patients with a foot or related lower limb medical and general health problems, on behalf of the NHS
Livewell Southwest's podiatry service helps to diagnose and treat a wide range of foot and lower limb-related health problems affecting people living in parts of the southwest.
We offer specialist assessments and interventions for people who are experiencing pain or mobility issues caused by problems with their feet or lower leg. The majority of Livewell Southwest's podiatry services are delivered in community-based health clinics - delivering the treatment people need, closer to them. Home visits can be arrange for people with serious mobility problems who are unable to travel to community clinics. Referrals to the service are typically made by a healthcare professional, such as a GP, nurse or physiotherapy.
Livewell Southwest's podiatrists and chiropodists are fully-trained and regulated by the Health Professions Council, evidencing that they meet the high standards of skill, professionalism and behaviour required by those professions. Only Health Professions Council-registered podiatrists are able to work for the NHS.
Advice and guidance
- Advice about managing your nailcare or hard skin
- If you need help to get to clinic
- If you are having problems with the skin on your feet
- How can I be seen by a podiatrist?
- If you have poor circulation in your legs (Peripheral Arterial Disease)
- If you are a PIFU patient
- If you have diabetes
- Advice about nail surgery
- If the sensation in your feet has changed (neuropathy)
- If you have problems with your veins
- If you are a health professional - referral information
- Everyone, regardless of age
Back to search