Plymouth Latch-On Breastfeeding Groups
The Latch On groups are friendly and informal, and completely free. All pregnant and breastfeeding Mums (and partners) are welcome, as are all with a positive attitude towards breastfeeding.
Telephone number: 01752 437177
Email address: Send an email to:email@example.com
Website address: https://www.plymouth-latchon.org.uk/
Meet up with other breastfeeding mums and make new friends. Breastfeeding peer supporters and health professionals on hand for information and support if you need it.
Bra fitting, bras and breast pumps available at Latch On groups.
Breastfeeding benefits for your baby
- Breastmilk gives your baby all the nutrients she needs
- Breastmilk is easy for your baby to digest
- Breastfeeding helps protect your baby from ear, tummy and urinary infections by passing on the mother's antibodies
- Breastfeeding helps mother and baby to bond both physically and emotionally
- Breastfed babies are less likely to develop childhood diabetes or become obese in later life
- Breastfed babies are less likely to suffer from asthma or eczema
- Breastmilk is available at all times, and is warm, clean and free
- Breastfed babies benefit from improved neurological and cognitive development
Breastfeeding benefits for Mum
- Breastfeeding mothers have a reduced risk of developing ovarian and breast cancers
- Breastfeeding mothers are less likely to suffer from weak bones in later life
- Breastfeeding helps the uterus to contract faster
- Breastfeeding can help delay the return of your periods
- Breastfeeding uses up at least 500 calories every day
- Breastfeeding gives you a special intimate time with your baby
- Breastfeeding gives you and your baby time to get to know each other
As well as getting you and your baby off to the best possible start, you are also helping the environment too:-
- Breastmilk does not need to be warmed up, no kettles to boil
- Breastmilk does not need to be packaged or labelled
- Breastmilk does not need to be transported miles to reach the consumer
You can do something amazing for your baby, give breastmilk.
For more information about Plymouth Latch-On, and how we can help you, please view our website and contact us, or view our Facebook page.
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
Back to search