C@SHiP - Sexual Health in Plymouth
The C@SHiP scheme is a confidential service which entitles anyone aged 13-24 living in Plymouth & Cornwall quick and easy access to free regular condoms every 12 weeks.
If you are over 24 years old but need condoms, please contact SHiP. If you need femidoms or have other requirements, please contact SHiP or The Zone (under 25 years).
When used correctly and consistently, condoms not only protect you against sexually transmitted infections (STIs) but they can also help prevent an unwanted pregnancy.
If you are using condoms but have had an episode of unprotected sex / ripped condom and feel that you are at risk of becoming pregnant as a result, please consider emergency contraception.
How do I sign up?
Before signing up to the scheme it is important that you watch these 2 short videos
If, having watched these videos, you have any questions or queries, please contact SHiP or The Zone where you will be able chat with a member of the sexual health team.
If you are 13, 14 or 15 you will be able to register to the PHR but will need a chat with a sexual health worker before condoms are issued. Please do not worry about the phone call it is so we can check you are safe and that you have all of the advice and support that you need. You will be called by one of our sexual health advisors and this is a confidential call.
If you would prefer you could pop along to The Zone on Union Street in Plymouth where you can see one of the youth workers who can supply you with condoms via the scheme.
You can register by clicking on the link to our PHR (Personal Health Record) https://uhp.myphr.online/. You will need an email address and mobile phone number. You can do this from any device, including your phone. If you need help to register or do not have access to a phone or internet, you can attend one of our registration sites (listed below) where a member of staff will be happy to help you.
- SHiP, level 5, Derriford Hospital PL6 8DH.
- Cumberland Centre, Damerel Close, Devonport, Plymouth PL1 4JZ.
- The Zone, 14-16 Union Street, Plymouth PL1 2SR under 25 years.
- Student Services, City College, Kings Road, Plymouth PL1 5QG.
*college students only*
How will I receive my condoms?
If you choose to have your condoms posted out to you, they will arrive in a discreet envelope to your chosen address.
You can arrange to collect your condoms from one of our many distribution centres (pharmacies, youth services and shops).
If you are collecting condoms, it is important that you collect them within 4 weeks of the request date (there will be an expiry date on your confirmation text message). Please do not attempt to collect condoms after this date.
Free Condom Distribution Centres
- Boots, 18-20 The Broadway, Plymstock, PL9 7AU
- Boots, 57-59 Mutley Plain, Plymouth, PL4 6JH
- Boots, Drake Circus Shopping Centre, 1 Charles Street, City Centre PL1 1EA
- Boots, 3 St Stephens Place, Ridgeway, Plympton PL7 2ZN
- Cumberland Centre, Damerel Close, Devonport, Plymouth PL1 4JZ
- Student Services, City College, Kings Road, Plymouth PL1 5QG (college students only)
- Efford Youth Service, Blandford Road, Plymouth PL3 6HU
- Hyde Park Pharmacy (Poolearth), 71-73 Hyde Park Rd, Mutley, PL3 4JN
- Honicknowle Youth Service,16-17 Honicknowle Green, Honicknowle, Plymouth PL5 3PX
- Barnardos, Rees Centre Well Being Hub, Mudge Way, Plymouth PL7 2PS
- Southway Youth Centre, Hendwell Close, Plymouth PL6 6TB
- Student Services, Plymouth Marjon University, Derriford Road, Plymouth PL6 8BH
- SHiP, Derriford Hospital, Plymouth PL6 8DH
- Tavistock Clinic, 70 Plymouth Rd, Tavistock, PL19 8BX
- The Zone, 14-16 Union Street, Plymouth PL1 2SR
- Jan Cutting Healthy Living Centre Wolseley Trust Business Park, Unit 3, Wolseley Close, Plymouth PL2 3BY
- University of Plymouth Student Union (Uni students only)
Find out more about how we can help you
Is the information correct?
Let us know if the information on this page is wrong and needs to be updated.
Want to create a page on the Plymouth Online Directory? Register for free and add a page - it only takes a few minutes.
Back to search