Sexual Health in Plymouth (SHiP)
Sexual Health in Plymouth (SHiP) is a partnership of experienced organisations working together to deliver sexual health, HIV, contraception and abortion services for Plymouth, East Cornwall and South West Devon.
University Hospitals Plymouth Nhs Trust
Sexual Health in Plymouth (SHiP) services are staffed by our friendly team of specialist doctors, nurses, health advisers, support workers and receptionists.
We welcome people of any age, ethnicity, gender and sexual orientation. Our services are confidential and your privacy will be respected at all times.
How we can help
- STI testing and treatment
- Advice if you have been diagnosed with an STI
- Advice if you are a contact of an STI
- Advice if you have been the victim of sexual assault
- Vaccinations to protect against STIs
- Routine contraception
- Emergency contraception
- Pregnancy advice
- PrEP for HIV prevention
- PEP for HIV prevention
- HIV testing
- HIV treatment and care
- Advice on sexual health and wellbeing
- Support for young people
- Healthcare professional education and support
- Vulval clinic (GP referral only)
- Psychology services (referral only)
Order a home STI test kit online
Answer a few questions about yourself and we will send the right test for you. Results will be sent by SMS. All responses are encrypted and confidential.
Free condoms are available at all SHiP sites, or as part of the C-Card scheme at various sites C-Card sites across the city.
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
Back to search