Plymouth Healthy Futures Social Prescribing Service - Wolseley Trust
The Healthy Futures Social Prescribing Service works with GP practices in Plymouth to support patients who would like support to access activities and services in the community to improve their health and wellbeing.
Scott Business Park
Beacon Park Road
Healthy Futures works with 6 Primary Care Networks in Plymouth covering 33 GP surgeries.
We work with patients who would like support to access activities and services in the community to improve their health and wellbeing.
We are funded by Primary Care Networks, Plymouth City Council and the Department of Health.
What is Social Prescribing?
Social prescribing helps you explore and access activities and services that are available locally to support you to improve your health and wellbeing.
Who is Healthy Futures for?
- Anyone aged over 18
- Anyone who would like some non-medical support to improve their physical and/or mental health and wellbeing
- Anyone who is able to engage with a link worker and make decisions about next steps they would like to take
How does it work
You can be referred to the Link Worker working at your GP practice by any member of the practice team, or you can self refer by getting in touch. A member of our team will contact you to discuss your referral and arrange an appointment.
The support we offer
At your first appointment, we will discuss what matters to you and co-create a plan to support you to reach your goals.
Your Link Worker will listen to you and share their knowledge and connections to local services and organisations that can offer specialist support, including:
- Benefits support and debt advice
- Arts and creative activities
- Healthy lifestyles and health promotion e.g. stopping smoking, physical activity and healthy eating
- Education, training and learning
- Counselling and talking therapies
- Support groups and networks
- Social and peer activities
- Employment and volunteering
- Housing support
- 17 to 25 years old
- 26 to 64 years old
Back to search